Creating Banner Slideshow Process Just Got Simpler!
We work day in and out to come up with new and simplified features in KartRocket admin panel, here we are with a new product release launching simplified version of “Banner Slideshow”
As the feature is a trivial part of your website; we thought reducing the effort on this process would save a huge bunch of man hours.
In the following article, we will explain you every minutest detail associated with these features.
If you are using the older version of the banner slideshow, you need to disable that first and then enable the new module.
Here are the steps to disable the current module:
- Go to admin panel Store design > Theme Widgets > Image and Text Slider
3. Click on Update Slider Image & Text button
4. Click on Slideshow link
Now you can enable the new module by following below steps
To upload banners on the website, follow these simple steps listed below:
- In the admin panel left menu under Store Design click on Banner Slideshow link
- Now, to enable the widget to show in the front-end switch ON the status
3. In this widget, you will find two tabs:
- Add your Banners – This section is to upload the banner images, hyperlink them, add image alt text and to decide the sort order.
- Banner Slideshow Settings – This section has the additional configuration settings that can be provided on the slideshow.
Let’s understand “Add your banner” & “Banner Slideshow settings” section in detail now
Add Your Banner
- On clicking on the plus icon, it will give you the facility to upload the image.
- Click on BROWSE button to upload the Banner Image or simply drop the banner image on the DROP HERE text.
4. Enter the link to the landing page in Banner Link column, if you want to link the banner to a page or category
5. Enter the alternative r the image in Image Alt Text column.
6. Define the sort order which defines the position of the banner in the slideshow.
7. Click on plus icon to add more banners and repeat the above steps.
8. Click on Save to save the images.
Banner Slideshow Settings –
Here you can do following configurations on the slideshow:
- Auto Play – If you want the slideshow to play automatically, then you can select the checkbox.
- Transition – You can select from the dropdown, the type of transition (animation) you require on the slideshow.
- Banner Transition Time – The delay that you require between each banner can be set here. This is mentioned in seconds.
- Navigator Type – You can select the navigator type for the navigation between the banners.
- To set the position of the banners in the slideshow, you can simply drag & drop them.
- Don’t forget to save the settings by Clicking on the Save icon!!
- Once the above steps are completed successfully, the uploaded banner would be visible in the front end and can simply be managed via the above-discussed back end functionality.
We hope now you have a fair understanding of these newly launched features and, go ahead and use them in your store.
If you have any specific feature or enhancement you want in your store, you can always write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we would add that to our list.
Stay tuned and watch out this space to be the first one to hear about new product updates from us.
KartRocket has empowered 3000+ entrepreneurs, SMB’s and retailer with their online stores. It is not just a website builder platform, it’s an end to end eCommerce solution with all the features you require to create an online store, run & grow your online business.